Zesty Cranberry Muffins

Can you tell I am on a ‘zest’ kick? It is amazing to me how a little bit of lemon zest can go a long way! I admit that I am also on a cranberry kick. A special friend (thank you Cindy ;) ) got me hooked on her cranberry casserole last winter and lets.. Read more →

Lemon Zest Blueberry Cookies

These are becoming my new favorite for breakfast. I have made them with strawberries in the past, but I am hooked on this lemon/blueberry combo. It’s another great recipe for people on the go. Just put them in a container and take them with you. Don’t leave them on the counter, they seem to magically.. Read more →

Steel Cut Oats, Make Great Loaves!

Mmmmmm….Banana bread. Almost everyone I know loves banana bread, especially my family. With most things that taste good, come lots of calories ;) Well I have found a way to make a mini loaf that not only tastes good, but keeps me full and is LBC “plan friendly”. If your plan says something like the.. Read more →

Post Workout….My favorite meal of the day!

Ahhh my favorite part of the day. Hopefully I have just finished a butt-kicking workout and I am ready to eat. This is my opportunity to get really creative considering I can choose my carb choice including ‘yummy junk’ (in Anca’s words). While only needing to keep it low-fat, my list of food ideas can.. Read more →

Getting Creative with Breakfast-The Mini-Loaf

Like I mentioned before, 85% of the time, I don’t mind eating the same things over and over. The other 15% of the time is when I begin to think outside of the box and get creative with my meals. I actually never get sick of oats. Egg whites are a favorite as well since.. Read more →

The ‘Other’ Staples

So I know some of us have a refrigerator full of eggs, cottage cheese, chicken, beef, peanut butter etc. You may even have a pantry full of oats, nuts, protein powder, etc.  Those are just some of the food staples in my home.  Then of course there are my other staples. ;) These are the.. Read more →