On Plan Fluffy Blueberry Protein Pancakes
On Plan Fluffy Blueberry Protein Pancakes (courtesy of Shanna Schad)
Dry whole oats (whatever amount is on your plan) 1/4 tsp baking powder (I use rumsford brand) 1/8 tsp xanthan gum Cinnamon 1-2 packets of stevia in the raw
Egg whites (whatever amount is on your plan)
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp water
1. Weigh out oats in a magic bullet cup Add the rest of the dry ingredients (through stevia) and blend into a flour.
2. Add egg whites, vanilla and water to dry ingredients and blend again til smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides etc so all of the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Let sit for a few minutes to let the baking powder start to activate while your griddle preheats.
4. Spray griddle with cooking spray and add a small scoop of the batter (1-1/2 tbsp I use my small cookie dough/melon scoop) top with 5-6 blueberries and then put another small scoop of batter on top to cover the blueberries. Repeat with remaining batter and blueberries.
5. Once the pancake starts to bubble flip and finish cooking. Then eat! Enjoy!
Macros when using:
6 egg whites (170g liquid egg whites)